- A curriculum that is easy to use and interactive, and that teaches students to respect each other's opinions.
- A flexible structure, with lessons that can be adapted to multiple subjects.
- Materials that can be incorporated into coursework or used alone.
- Compelling images, photos and eyewitness accounts.
- Discussions of the dilemmas of real-life conflict situations.
- Materials that can be used in traditional and nontraditionsl settings.
"It is essential to understand and respect the rule of law because that defines what we are about as a nation and the leader of the free world. When others do not respect or follow the law, it is even more important that we remember who we are and what we stand for as a country. The American Red Cross EHL program helps young people understand not only what is legal, but what is right."
- Brigadier General Patrick Finnegan, Dean of the Academic Board, United States Military Academy at West Point
Frequently Asked Questions about Humanitarian Law
Do you have a question? More likely than not, we already have an answer at our Frequently Asked Questions page.